We are so excited that you are interested in visiting with us!
Couple things you might be wondering about...
- Where are we located? We are located at 4625 Waters Ave, Savannah, GA 31419. The Worship Center is located in "A" building (aka the building with the steeple). Look for our Parking Lot Team to assist you in parking and located the Worship Center as well as the Welcome Center! Be sure to stop by and grab a cup of coffee at our coffee bar!
- What do we wear? Calvary is a very diverse church on Sunday mornings. Some members wear suits while others wear khakis and polos. Whatever you wear, you will fit in with us!
- Are there kids programs? Yes! We have both Connect Classes (Sunday at 9 am) and child care for ages 6 weeks through 5th grade during Worship service. It is recommended that you arrive at 10:00 am to have ample time to check-in your kids at the Welcome Center (Located by the elevators in the Welcome Center). During the service, there will be a dismissal of the kids right after the music. Parents are more than welcome to go with their children as they get dropped off for their service. Check out our Children's Ministry page here and our Preschool Ministry page here for more information on check-in and safety.
- What are services like?
- Sunday Morning Worship typically flows as such: Worship music, Stand-and-greet minute, Worship music, sermon, invitation, offering, presentation of decisions, and dismissal. Guests should feel no need to give during the offering.
- Wednesdays Midweek Service, called W.O.W. (Wired on Wednesday) offers a variety of services for adults, children, and youth. Each class begins at 6:30 pm. These services include:
- Clubhouse: Preschool classes from 6 weeks - Kindergarten located on the 1st floor of "A" building.
- Kid City: Elementary classes from 1st-5th grade located on the 2nd floor of "A" building.
- Revive Student: Youth classes from 6th-12th grade located in "E" building.
- Adult Bible Study: There are a variety of classes happening each week and can be found here.
- Worship Choir: For those interested in singing in the choir contact Patrick Mulvehill at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- How long are the services?
- On Sundays, Connect Classes run from 9:00am-10:00am. Worship starts at 10:15am and usually ends around 11:30
- People sixty years old or older, persons suffering from diabetes, heart problems, cancer treatments, obesity, compromised personal immune systems, asthma, or those who have recently been in the hospital for any reason should use their best judgment in attendance.
- There will be no Clubhouse/Nursery accommodations or any activities provided for babies or pre-school children. There will be family rooms set up with Calvary’s livestream for anyone who may need to leave service with their preschooler. We will continue to post our services live on our website and social media pages for your convenience.
- Seating arrangements in the Worship Center will be arranged so that will adhere to 6ft physical distancing. Please be aware of the signs posted on the pews to know where to sit.
- There will be no fellowship time during the Worship service.
- Though we have not seen each other in several months, please practice physical distancing at all times. Please do not shake hands or hug one another.
- During the invitation, you will be asked to remain in your seats. Please practice praying as you would at the altar in your seat. If you would like to make a decision, please refer to your bulletin for instructions on how to do so.
- Please note that all rooms will have a maximum occupancy posted outside that room that will be based on first-come-first-serve. This includes restrooms.
- There will be no passing of the offering plate. Instead, offering boxes will be placed at the three main entrances into the Worship Center for you to place your offering.
- We encourage you to wear a mask. There will be some will be made available to you if you so desire to wear one. There will also be hand sanitizer at various locations around the building.
All persons attending service during COVID-19 should understand that they do so at their own risk. CBT cannot be held liable for a person’s decision to attend the service, even if they suspect they have contracted COVID-19 because of attending one of CBT’s worship services.
The recommended practices and principles above are provided for the members and attendees of CBT for their protection and well-being. These are only recommendations and not legal requirements. CBT ushers and/or security will, however, encourage every attendee to comply.